Harrelson Boulevard is a major road located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. It serves as a crucial transportation corridor, facilitating access to various popular destinations and attractions in the city. The boulevard runs in an east-west direction, connecting several key areas of Myrtle Beach.
One of the significant destinations that Harrelson Boulevard provides access to is the Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR). The boulevard serves as the primary route for travelers driving to and from the airport. Its proximity to the airport has made it a busy and important roadway for both locals and tourists.
Moreover, Harrelson Boulevard intersects with other essential roads and highways in Myrtle Beach, making it a crucial part of the city's transportation network. For example, it connects with US Route 17 Business (Kings Highway), which is a major north-south route along the Grand Strand and connects many of the popular beachfront areas and tourist spots.
Throughout the years, the area surrounding Harrelson Boulevard has seen significant development, including various hotels, restaurants, shops, and other commercial establishments catering to the tourism industry. The boulevard's accessibility and strategic location have contributed to the growth of the tourism sector in Myrtle Beach.
Extension to Kings Highway
There was a plan to extend Harrelson Boulevard in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, to Kings Highway (US Route 17 Business). The extension was part of a broader infrastructure project aimed at improving transportation in the area and accommodating the growing traffic demands due to the city's popularity as a tourist destination.
The extension of Harrelson Boulevard to Kings Highway was intended to enhance connectivity and provide an alternate route for travelers, especially those going to and from the Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR). By connecting Harrelson Boulevard to Kings Highway, it would create a more direct and efficient route for visitors to access the airport and nearby attractions.
Since plans and projects like these can take several years to complete, it's possible that significant progress or even the completion of the Harrelson Boulevard extension to Kings Highway has occurred since my last update.
Some of the major intersections along Harrelson Boulevard in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, included:
- Intersection with Jetport Road: This intersection provides access to the Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR), making it a significant point of entry and exit for travelers using the airport.
- Intersection with US Route 17 Bypass: Harrelson Boulevard intersects with US Route 17 Bypass, which is a major highway that runs along the Grand Strand, connecting various communities and attractions in the Myrtle Beach area.
- Intersection with US Route 17 Business (Kings Highway): This is another critical intersection that connects Harrelson Boulevard with the north-south artery of US Route 17 Business, running parallel to the coast and passing through many popular tourist spots and commercial areas.
- Intersection with Fred Nash Boulevard: Fred Nash Boulevard is a road that leads to the Market Common district, which is a popular shopping, dining, and entertainment area in Myrtle Beach.
- Intersection with South Kings Highway (Highway 17 Business): This is another point of connection to the US Route 17 Business, providing additional access to the beachfront areas and attractions.
- Intersection with Howard Parkway: Howard Parkway is a road that leads to the Myrtle Beach State Park, a beautiful natural area offering beach access, hiking trails, and picnicking spots.