Come and let us take you on a journey through this delightful city. Tampa is the place for a mixture of exciting fun waiting to be explored.
Let us begin and travel back into Tampa's past to what was once the world's cigar-making Capital known as Ybor City. Ybor City, now designated as a national landmark district was founded by Vicante Martinez Ybor in the 1800's. Now, renovated and restored, Ybor City historic district contains restaurants, art galleries, night clubs, live music and entertainment along with a state museum, and a former cigar factory turned into a shopping gallery. Festivals and celebrations are often celebrated in this neighborhood.
Tampa often remembered for it's attractions and theme parks is truly fun for the whole family. The largest and fastest roller coaster in the Southeast called the Kumba is among the attractions at Bush Gardens. Bush Gardens Tampa, the nation's fourth largest zoo contains over 3,300 animals and located on 300 acres of land. Bush Gardens features eight theme sections, live entertainment, animal exhibits, great rides, shops and restaurants.
Explore these fine attractions for fun and excitement:
- Lowry Park Zoo which features an endangered specie, the manatee which is a native of Florida.
- The Museum of Science and Industry which features more than 300 hands-on exhibits including a planetarium and Florida's first IMAX DOME Theater. Also the Museum will showcase the Star Trek Federation Science exhibit. Tampa features many museums around the city which appeals to visitors of all ages.
- The New Florida Aquarium which features the Florida story.
- Tampa Museum of Art contains expressionist prints and classic antiques.
- Museum of African-American Art
- University of South Florida Contemporary Art Museum
- Henry B. Plant Museum
- Salvador Dali Museum
- Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center
If the attractions above isn't enough then head to Harbour Island. Located next to the beautiful Tampa Bay Convention Center downtown, Harbour Island features dining with waterfront views, everything for your shopping pleasure and on the weekends, events and entertainment.
Tampa Bay is a host to world class conventions and Tampa International Airport is rated number one in the nation by Conde Nast Traveler magazine. Tampa Bay also host to spectator sports such as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Tampa Bay Lightning, arena football, Tampa Bay Downs, Tampa Jai Alai Fronton, and the Tampa Greyhound Track. Also available are cruise ships for traveling on the water.
Come and see what this exciting city has to offer and have fun doing it!