- Parkway Bank Park
- 5501 Park Place, Village of Rosemont
- Illinois 60018 - United States
Parkway Bank Park is an entertainment district located in Rosemont, Illinois, USA. It is adjacent to the Rosemont Theatre and the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, and is easily accessible from Chicago's O'Hare International Airport.
The park first opened in 2012 as the MB Financial Park, named after the financial institution that had purchased naming rights. The park was designed to provide a diverse range of entertainment options, including restaurants, bars, live music, comedy clubs, and a movie theater. It quickly became a popular destination for locals and tourists alike, drawing crowds year-round for events such as concerts, outdoor festivals, and sporting events.
In 2018, Parkway Bank acquired naming rights for the park, leading to the change of its name to Parkway Bank Park. Despite the name change, the park remains a premier entertainment destination in the Chicagoland area, featuring over a dozen dining options and several notable entertainment venues.
Today, the park is managed by the Village of Rosemont, and continues to attract large crowds to its many events and attractions. Whether you're in the mood for a night out with friends, a family outing, or a romantic evening, Parkway Bank Park has something to offer everyone.
- The park covers an area of 200,000 square feet and is located on the site of a former surface parking lot.
- In addition to its many dining options, the park also features several unique entertainment venues. These include Zanies Comedy Club, which hosts nationally-known comedians, and the Rosemont CTA Station, which is decorated with a series of murals depicting local history and culture.
- Parkway Bank Park is also home to the Chicago Wolves Ice Rink, which is open for public skating during the winter months and hosts hockey games and tournaments throughout the year.
- In addition to its regular events and attractions, Parkway Bank Park also hosts several annual festivals and celebrations, including the Taste of Rosemont, Oktoberfest, and the Parkway Bank 5K race.
Overall, Parkway Bank Park is a vibrant and dynamic entertainment destination that has something to offer visitors of all ages and interests. Its central location, diverse dining options, and wide range of entertainment options make it a popular destination year-round for locals and tourists alike.
Parkway Bank Park is a relatively new development, having opened in 2012 as the MB Financial Park. However, there are some interesting historical facts about the area that the park is located in:
- The land that Parkway Bank Park is built on was once part of O'Hare Airport's western boundary. In the 1950s, the land was used as a parking lot for the airport.
- In the 1970s and 1980s, the land was converted into a golf course and driving range, which was operated by the Village of Rosemont.
- The Rosemont Theatre, which is located adjacent to Parkway Bank Park, opened in 1995 and has since hosted a wide range of musical and theatrical productions.
- The Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, which is also adjacent to the park, was completed in 1975 and has been expanded several times over the years. It is named after the late mayor of Rosemont, who oversaw much of the village's growth and development.
- Rosemont itself was incorporated as a village in 1956, and has since grown into a major business and entertainment hub. The village is home to numerous hotels, restaurants, and entertainment venues, and hosts many major conventions and events throughout the year.
- Parkway Bank Park was renamed in 2018 after Parkway Bank, a Chicago-based financial institution, acquired naming rights for the park.
The park is situated at 5501 Park Place, just east of the intersection of Balmoral Avenue and Des Plaines River Road.
The park covers an area of approximately 200,000 square feet, and is situated adjacent to the Rosemont Theatre and the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. It is easily accessible from Chicago's O'Hare International Airport, which is located just a few miles to the east of the park.
The park is surrounded by a variety of commercial and residential areas, including hotels, office buildings, and retail centers. It is situated near several major highways, including I-294 and I-90, which provide easy access to downtown Chicago and other surrounding suburbs.
Overall, Parkway Bank Park's central location and accessibility make it a popular destination for locals and tourists alike, and have helped to cement Rosemont's reputation as a major entertainment and business hub in the Chicago area.