Troy, Alabama is located less than 50 miles south of Montgomery at the junction of U.S. Highways 231 and 29. Many of our students like to point out that TSU is only a two-hour drive from "The World's Most Beautiful Beaches" at Panama City Beach, Florida. Troy was founded in 1843 by an act of the Alabama Legislature. Its population is approximately 15,000.
The residents of Troy take great interest in the University and extend a cordial welcome to students, faculty and staff. Numerous social, church, civic and school organizations provide cultural enrichment. The TSU campus is a tract of 460 acres lying chiefly in the southeastern quarter of Troy, one mile from the heart of the city.
Troy, Alabama is located less than 50 miles south of Montgomery at the junction of U.S. Highway 231 and U.S. Highway 29. The sunny beaches of the Gulf of Mexico are just a two-hour drive from the city. The Troy State University campus is a tract of 460 acres lying chiefly in the southeastern quarter of Troy, just one mile from the heart of the city.
TROJAN ARENA (1962) - Trojan Arena is home to the men's and women's basketball teams as well as the volleyball team. It was renovated in 1999 to make it one of the top venues in the South. Formerly known as Sartain Hall, Trojan Arena seats 4,000 for both basketball and volleyball. Among the major renovations done to the facility was a complete reconstruction of the main entrance and lobby area that now gives a full view of the court area. Other improvements include the addition of an air conditioning system, new court lighting, a state-of-the-art sound system and 1,000 additional seats at the lower level. New locker rooms were also put in place to make it a true home for Trojan student-athletes. Trojan Arena houses classrooms, as well office suites for the men's and women's basketball, volleyball, and soccer programs.
SPACE HALL (1947) - The Matthew Downer Pace Hall, formerly a women's residence hall, was renovated in 1998 to house an expanded International Center, administrative offices, and student activity spaces.
SHACKELFORD HALL (1930) - Edward M. Shackelford Hall is a coed residence hall accomodating 141 students. This facility consists of private as well as double rooms and houses some sorrority chapter rooms.
ELDRIDGE HALL (1951) - Edwin Ruthven Eldridge Hall, is an addition to Shackelford Hall and houses an administrative office of the Sports Medicine Program.
NATATORIUM (1977) - The McDowell Lee Natatorium contains an Olympic-size indoor swimming pool and related facilities, pool officials' offices, locker rooms, and a sauna.
GARDNER HALL (1962) - Catherine Collins Gardner Hall is an air-conditioned women's residence hall designed to accomodate 122 students.
HAMIL HALL (1963) - Lorainne Estelle Hamil Hall is an air conditioned women's residence hall. It houses the Mary E. Rich Health Center.
TROJAN OAKS - Trojan Oaks is a nine-hole championship golf course. The course is located on campus adjacent to Memorial Stadium.
TROJAN CENTER (1975) - The Trojan Center houses the campus post office, the University Store, a food court, meeting rooms, offices, recreational areas, a theater, and a fitness center.
ARMY ROTC - Army ROTC at Troy State University is a college elective any student can try out for up to two years with no obligation. Army ROTC offers a wide range of experiences while students work toward a degree. It combines classroom time with hands-on experience, learning skills that give students an edge over their peers when it comes time to look for a job. In addition to many scholarship opportunities, ARMY ROTC offers instruction in Leadership Development, Military Skills, and Adventure Training.
ALUMNI HALL - Alumni Hall is an air-conditioned, 550 bed men's residence hall financed partially through donations from faculty, alumni, and friends of the university. One wing of this facility has been named to honor Dr. James O. Colley,Jr. and the other to honor Mr. Frank S. Anderson.
HAWKINS ADAMS LONG HALL OF HONOR (1997) - The Hawkins Adams Long Hall of Honor houses the National Band Association Hall of Fame of Distinguished Band Conductors, the Alabama Bandmasters Hall of Fame, the TSU Archives, offices, and a large conference room.
MCCALL HALL (MATH AND SCIENCE COMPLEX, 1998) - The Math and Science Complex is a modern, well equipped building housing science and mathematics classrooms, laboratories and offices. It includes the former McCall Hall, Sorrell Wing, and the new Math/science addition. It also includes offices for the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and faculty for the Department of Social Sciences.
WRIGHT HALL (1939) - Edgar McBryde Wright Hall is the center for recreation, intramural sports, sport and fitness management, and health and physical education. The building also houses the Department of Speech and Theatre, Department of Kinesiology and Health Promotions, the Writing Center and Instructional Support Services administration.